How to Find Passwords on MAC? In this article, you will be shown how to find passwords on a mac. To find a password you must save that password on your mac, it usually gets saved when you first log in to any website or app. It is helpful when you forget the password and you can just see them, below you can find how can you check the passwords.
How to Find Passwords on MAC which I saved?
In a MAC there is a tool called keychain Access which save the password on your system, this tool is pre-installed on the machine, it can save all the passwords and usernames which you use on safari and when you come back to any particular website it can auto-fill the password and username space.
Other than saving your passwords, keychain access is also the [place where you can see all the saved passwords, please follow the below steps to see how to find your passwords.
- Open a Finder window and navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Open Keychain Access.
- There will be a search bar in the top right corner, it is where you will put the name of the website whose password you would like to be found.
- Once you find it, double click to view it.
- The password will be shown in the next box.
- A pop-up window will appear and you will have to put the password for your mac to get access to the content.
- You can click one time access if you want to see the password for only one time.
- The password will appear at the bottom of the pop-up window.
How to Find Passwords on MAC which I saved on Chrome?
Most of the people who use any OS prefer Chrome over any other web browser and chrome is not capable of keychain access but there is an extension that can let them both work together. Below you will find all the steps to find passwords on chrome.
- Open Chrome, then go to Preferences and then Autofill and at last Passwords.
- Go to the bottom of the page where you will find the Saved Passwords section.
- Click the eye which is appearing next to the account which password you would like to see.
- A pop-up window will appear where you have to put your OS password.
- After that, the password will appear in the next section.