How to Make a Custom Rolling Tray for Your Kitchen
If you are same as the most people, you don’t have a lot of counter space in your kitchen. And if you do, it might be occupied by all the appliances, pots, and pans you need to make food. That’s where custom rolling trays come in. These trays allow you to store everything neatly on your kitchen counter, freeing up valuable counter space to cook more meals in less time. In this blog post, we will give you step-by-step guide on how to make a custom rolling tray for your kitchen. We’ll show you how to choose the right materials, how to build the tray, and finally, how to finish it off.
What you need
To make a custom rolling tray for your kitchen, you will need the following supplies:
-A sheet of aluminum foil
-A ruler or a straight edge
-Old newspapers or some other sturdy paper
-Sandpaper or a metal file
-Paint or stain of your choice (optional)
-Ruler or scissors
-Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Trace the outline of the rolling tray onto the aluminum foil using a ruler or a straight edge. Ensure the outline is large enough to create accurate measurements later on. If you paint the rolling tray, leave enough space around the edges to apply paint easily.
- Cover the rolling tray with old newspapers or some other sturdy paper and then sandpaper or a metal file to rough the surface. This will help prevent your paint from sticking to the aluminum foil.
- Paint or stain the aluminum foil according to your preference. Be sure to allow plenty of time for dryness before handling the roller tray carefully so that it does not get scratched.
How to make a custom rolling tray
A rolling tray can come in handy if you love to cook and have a lot of pots and pans. You can make your rolling tray out of wood or metal. Follow simple steps to create your own:
1) Measure length, width and depth of the piece of wood or metal you want to use. Be sure to account for any embellishments or cuts that you plan on making on the tray.
2) Plane or grind down the desired shape from the wood or metal using a handsaw, chisels, or an angle grinder. Wear protective gear, including eye and ear protection if you’re using metal.
3) Paint or seal the wood or metal surface with a sealant if desired.
4) Attach any embellishments you plan on using, such as handles, feet, et cetera.
Making your rolling tray for your kitchen can be a really handy and time-saving invention, especially if you have a lot of cooking and baking to do. By following these simple steps, you can create a rolling tray that is perfect for your needs. So whether you are looking to make your baking or cooking tasks a little bit easier or just want something unique and personal to add to your kitchen, our easy guide on making a custom rolling tray will help you get started.