Everyone computer clip art loves a good graphic for their website or blog, but having the right clip art can be difficult. Not knowing what to look for can mean wasting time and money on something that’s not ideal. In this article, we’ll provide you with some tips on what to look for when searching for computer clip art and how to get the most out of your purchase. From finding the perfect design to optimizing it for use on your site, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Types of Clip Art
There are many different types of clip art, and knowing which type to use for a certain project can be helpful. Here are some of the most common types:
-Vector: Vector clip art is made up of shapes that can be edited easily using programs like Illustrator or Photoshop. This type is perfect for logos, icons, and other graphics that will need to be adapted to various sizes. vector clip art usually comes in .eps format.
-Image: Image clip art is stock images that have been licensed for use on websites and elsewhere. They may or may not be in .jpg or .png format. image clip art is useful for creating background graphics and illustrations, as it offers a wide range of options for colors, fonts, etc.
-Royalty Free: royalty free clip art is created by artists who have sold the rights to their work to companies like ClipArtBank or ClipartPanda. These clips are often high quality and available in several formats including JPG, PNG, GIF, and EPS (vector).
How to Use Clip Art Effectively
1. Use clip art sparingly. Too much clip art can overwhelm a page and make it difficult to see what is going on.
2. Choose clip art that fits the tone of your document or project. For a formal document, use clip art that features high-end graphics and illustrations. For a more casual document, choose clip art with simpler, less detailed graphics.
3. Experiment with different types of clip art to find the look and feel that works best for your document or project. You can find clip art that features generic objects (e.g., plants, people), specific objects (e.g., cars, shoes), or combinations of both (e.g., a plant with a person standing next to it).
4. Be sure to resize the clipart before using it in your document or project so that it fits properly on the screen and looks good throughout the entire piece. To resize an image: Right-click on the image and select “Properties.” From the “General” tab, click on “Resize” and enter the new width or height value in pixels (e.g., “75”). Click on “OK” to apply the changes to the image
Tips for Saving and Managing Clip Art
Clip art is an important part of any computer-based graphic design project. Knowing how to save and manage clip art is essential for keeping your work organized and efficient. Here are a few tips for saving and managing clip art:
1. Name your artwork Clearly
First and foremost, always name your clip art clearly. This will help you track it down later on in your work flow. Not only that, but it can also make it easier to find specific clips when you need them.
2. Use File Formatting to Organize Your Clip Art Files
One way to keep your clip art files organized is by using file formatting. This will let you group related clips together in one place, making it easy to find what you’re looking for. You can also use file formats like JPEG, GIF, or PNG to save your artwork in a variety of formats.
3. Copy and Paste Clips Into Your Design Files Correctly
When copying and pasting clips into your design files, be sure to do so correctly so they look the way you want them to look. For example, if you want a clip to appear as though it’s floating above other text in a document, be sure to copy and paste the clip as a transparent bitmap image instead of as a regular image file.
Computer clip art can be a great way to spruce up your documents, presentations, and website layouts. However, there are a few things you need to know before using it in your work. For starters, make sure the image is high resolution so that it looks good onscreen and prints well. Also, be sure to adjust the transparency so that elements within the clip art stand out. If you’re looking for something more creative or unique than what’s available online, consider commissioning an artist to create custom computer clip art for you.